Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Snowflake Christmas Ornaments




I love to see the first snowflakes of the season begin to fall on a cold, wintery day. Well, it's 84 degrees outside and winter is nowhere in sight, so I decided to take matters into my own hands and make it "snow" early.

Now for those of you who cringe at the word "snow", these are the perfect snowflakes for you. They are pretty, they don't melt or make a mess, you can hang them on the Christmas tree, and you can use them again next year.

The snowflakes are crocheted with white crochet thread and small pearl colored beads. This time I tried a new fabric stiffening technique that's easy and costs just pennies per snowflake, hairspray and a hairdryer. It works beautifully and if the snowflake ever begins to lose its stiffness, all you have to do is spray it again and blowdry it to stiffness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey all4...

I'll definitely score me some snowflakes in the sale. These are perfect... no two alike. I bet I could knit/crochet like that. It's when it's supposed to actually connect and the sleeves are supposed to be the same length and stuff -- that's where the trouble starts. Hee.

Anonymous said...

OOHHH .. I love these .. I will definitely order some of these!