Saturday, October 20, 2007

Felted stuff


felted silk lined bag
Originally uploaded by geekettepeace
Finally done! I had this little wool clutch felted and "finished" a while ago. It's about 9" across at the top, and 5" tall which makes it just about big enough to hold your essentials... at least if they're small... I added the little beaded star on one side and thought I was done.



lining
Originally uploaded by geekettepeace


Then someone said "You're going to line it, right? With silk?" Er, sure... Three trips to the fabric store later, and I finally found some blue/green Dupioni silk that shifts color inside much like the color shifts outside. And a magnetic clasp to keep your essentials from cascading out. Do I really want to sell it now? The things I do for Clay... So that's done. But wait, there's more!


felted beaded black bag
Originally uploaded by geekettepeace

This is also a small felted bag, about 6" wide by 4 1/2" tall, with black and silver eyelash yarn felted in on the flap, and just a few dangling beads. Don't want to go crazy, you know. The chain's about 3' long, but could be taken in (or taken off) with little effort.

The photos are all clickable for a closer look.


candy dish
Originally uploaded by geekettepeace



Heh. One more - who can resist a felted candy bowl?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

B-

That looks awesome! I love the felted candy bowl too.

-M

Anonymous said...

Love 'em! I especially like the clutch. The blue/green color combo is so pretty!