Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Felt like blogging?!

Be nice, this is my first blog. I only mention felt because my first item was also a first for me, a first time felting in the washing machine. I used a technique from Nicky Epstein's book Knitting Never Felt Better to make the bobbles in this tri-colour muffler, it came out better than I expected it to and is toasty warm. Close-up of bobbles below. I put wooden beads inside with an elastic band to hold them so that those parts wouldn't felt.








This next little item is a lavender filled heart shaped sachet made with Koigu yarn. It's made up of 14 separate squares, joined together as you go along. It is 4" square and smells gorgeous now it's filled with lavender.




I made a really easy scarf by weaving yarn through a netting that I bought at the Knitting & Stitching Show in London recently. It's not really a scarf for warmth, but it looks quite attractive and was certainly easy to make. Here's how it looked half-way through, and the end result.




Finally, here's a sweater which I've made 3 of now, and is made from 100% Alpaca. Here's daughter Katy and son's girlfriend Ruby modelling them.

Who knew blogging with pictures was this hard!! Well it was for me anyway.

2 comments:

Procraftinator said...

Starting a blog is hard!!! I only have 3 posts in mine. :)

What sweater is that? I didn't see it in your Ravelry projects!!! :>
~Voxaurorae~

sylvie said...

Sorry I didn't notice your comment - I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds blogging hard. :) I'm afraid I hadn't any idea what Ravelry was until a few minutes ago, when someone explained it to me. The sweater is sold now by the way.