Monday, October 8, 2007

Dropped Stitch "Suede" Scarf

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My first (and only, so far!) finished project for the sale! I've been busy knitting, sadly I only have one item to show for my troubles so far :o( I seem to be suffering from knitzophrenia.

Knitzophrenia: An affliction caused by Brandi wanting to make every single solitary pattern from every single yarn ever created in the history of fiber arts. *sigh*

As soon as I finished this scarf, I cast on for a wrap, knit 10 rows and decided it wasn't what I wanted to do. Frogged. Then I started a new baby bootie pattern. Nope, didn't like the yarn. The first half finished bootie still sits abandoned on my coffee table, sad and lonely. Then I started a felted bag, only have the base done, need to get my rear in gear and finish the rest of it! I do have another bag finished, just need to get the lining sewn in before I can call it an official FO for the sale!

So, for now I offer up my 47 gazillion foot long Dropped Stitch Suede Scarf. It's done in Lion Suede, color Spice, double stranded. It's sooooo soft and squishy and is guaranteed to wrap around your neck several dozen times :o) If you aren't an ostrich, you can go for the normal one or two loops and let the rest flow behind you dramatically. Also very good for gesturing emphatically at annoying co-workers, shooing away pushy salespeople or lassoing cute boys!

I made my sister model it for me this weekend in the 90 degree heat, she opted for the double loop around the neck :o)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, your sister looks just like you... She's got the Brandi smile.

Dude, I love that scarf. It's looooonnnnng!

I wonder if I'll ever take up knitting. How do you keep the dog hairs out of it? I'm serious.

Anonymous said...

Great job on the scarf! It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I want it, I want it, I want it....You do beautiful work plus you have a wicked funny laugh!