Saturday, October 27, 2007

Baby stuff's just too fun!


booties and kimono
Originally uploaded by geekettepeace

I enjoyed knitting the first baby kimono so much, I decided to do another and try my hand at two colors. I also found a pattern for matching booties. Will they both fit a baby? At the same time? I hope so! They're both described as "newborn", but I know there's a bit of variation there...

The kimono's knit from a cotton/acrylic that's machine washable (although I tend to hand wash), and it's 8" across the chest and 6 1/2" tall as it lies. The ribbon ties at the waist add a little adjustability. The booties are about 2 3/4" from toe to heel, and are closed with a crochet loop over little jingle bells instead of buttons. I liked the bells better than any buttons I found, and while they're not loud, they should make an entertaining jingle for baby. Click on the photo for a larger version, and a close up of the booties on my flickr account.

I'm working on some Christmas knits, but I'd better get going since the sale starts early next month!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful job! Those are too cute. Too bad my kids are not so little any more. I can't wait to see the Christas booties, they sound like they will be "cuties" too. Have fun with all of this,
Judith