Friday, October 5, 2007

Any babies on the way?


baby_kimono
Originally uploaded by geekettepeace
First post! Get it out of the way so others will follow. Beside, this way it'll be pushed down the page real fast...

I'll post my first "FO" or finished object, in fiber speak. Hopefully others will be adding their own FOs soon as well!

This pattern's called "Heartbreakingly Cute Baby Kimono" and yeah, I think it's kinda cute. Knit from a cotton/acrylic blend that's machine washable, it's soft and stretchy, with grosgrain ties for a little extra "wiggle room." Newborn size, so I'm told, at about 8" across the chest (laid flat, as shown), just over 7" from shoulder to the bottom edge, and 2" across the wrists.

Sure wish I could find a baby to model it!

5 comments:

dixiehellcat said...

Yay, our first post! Your kimono looks great. I'll bring some stuff over this weekend, I hope. Things will be buzzing around here before we know it. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm here! Waves to Striped Sock Sirens. The first post was great, Geekette and I can't wait to see more.

Anonymous said...

Great First Post! I love that Kimono. Keep up the good work.

Too Much said...

OMG--that might be the cutest thing I have ever seen! Now I am hoping for a girl, cause green is my favotrite color and I would so snap that up.

Looking forward to see more from you all!

Anonymous said...

Lordy... how cute is that?!

I can't wait for your sale, ladies. I hope there are some felted things listed... hint, hint. :)