Monday, October 22, 2007

Down to the Wire...


I'm finally on the fifth and last repeat of the lace stole I'm knitting for the upcoming sale. It's a lovely pattern called "Leda's Dream," designed by Melanie Gibbons (Pink Lemon Twist). The yarn is a pale gray baby alpaca which is feather-light and extremely soft.

I've knitted lace motifs in other projects before, but this is my first real "lace" project. It was slow going at first but I'm making quick progress now.

Still, it's going to be down to the wire, getting the last repeat done along with the two borders, and the blocking finished (so it looks less lumpy!) before the November sale. I'm quite determined, though!

I think it'll make a very pretty addition to someone's party or concert wardrobe this holiday season.

2 comments:

Nanna said...

NepNan - the stole is beautiful! You have done a great job.

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous! I want it! ;-)