Saturday, October 13, 2007

Purple! Socks!


Columbine Peak
Originally uploaded by geekettepeace
Who's brave enough to wear these?

I wanted to dye the yarn a lovely varigated pastel pink. Unfortunately, the dye had other plans. Wow - hot pink and LOTS of it...so I dunked it in a pot of blue. Hey, not bad (especially if, like me, purple's your favorite color). Although predominantly purple from a distance, the yarn shifts from pale pink through purple to medium blue, with little flecks of colorful donegal, just to make things even more interesting.

These were hand knit in a lace pattern called Columbine Peak, with a pattern of hills that continues down the top of the foot, and some ribbing on either side for stretch.

A ladies size medium, about 8 1/2" from heel to toe, and just about that tall as well. They'll stretch a bit, too. Superwash wool, so they are machine wash/dryable, although I always handwash my handknits, just in case.

I'll say one thing for them - they're colorful!

5 comments:

Annabear said...

I *love* these! As soon as I've got all the basic knit stitches down, my goal is to make a pair of socks. I don't know why, but it is!

Anonymous said...

those are GORGEOUS! :)

Brandilyne said...

geekette, they turned out fantastic!!!! I love the overdyed yarn too, works great with the pattern. Just gorgeous work!!

Anonymous said...

I love those socks geekette! Purple is my favorite color and I can't knit worth a flip.

Maybe Santa will bring me a pair for Christmas. I'll get my credit card out just in case!

Anonymous said...

One day....one day...I will make a pair of socks. I'm determined to do it!

Love the color! They're beautiful!