Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Shrug





While we were in Columbus this summer, my daughter picked up this pattern. She tells me that a shrug is perfect for work because it isn't bulky like a normal sweater, but keeps her shoulders warm where the office air conditioner blows in the middle of winter (oh yeah - I know all about that! She still hasn't chosen which yarn she would like, but I thought I would like to do a test shrug to see how it turned out. I couldn't just let that new pattern sit there! This is the result.



I dug into my recently organized stash and found enough Patons Canadiana in this pretty seafoam colour. It only took a couple of days and it was finished. Then I coerced one of the young'uns at work to model it for me.

It was so easy and lots of fun to make. It is really just a long scarf with the ends sewn into sleeves and a ruffle knit around the edges.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the shrug. It's beautiful and I love the color too. I wish I could make beautiful clothing like that. Dixiehellcat has given me patterns for socks, but they don't come out the same size or they are just too big in general. Great job LSRo